Still can't believe this baby girl is a year old! She's such a blessing - sweet and sassy and everything in between. She's lived up to her nickname of being the "golden child" for the most part, although she's learned to throw quite the fit and can hold her own next to her brother and sister. :)
Poor Sam - stuck between two girls, one is the boss and one is his little buddy... his buddy who likes to aggravate and poke him and frequently takes his toys (on purpose?)... he is so sensitive and laid back, he just puts up with it for the most part - or cries. Bless him. Here's Emma Kate poking Sam's nipples and belly button one day while he was watching Toy Story. I was laughing so hard.
She's definitely an ever curious little thing and I have to keep her in my sight at all times.
She'll steal your snack or drink in an instant and she's constantly on the go and exploring all corners of the house.
She loves babies and she will love on them and hug them. She also loves this plush Woody that I keep on Sam's bed and she'll crawl into his room and get it.
I sat and watched her play with her babies one day while the big kids were at school. It was so funny and sweet. So neat how they pick up on things at such a young age, like giving a doll a bottle.
She kept handing it to her...
... then she'd sit back on her knees and just watch, like she was waiting on the doll to grab it.
... and when the doll wouldn't go for it, she'd just try a sip or two herself. Drink it, girl.
She wants to be wherever brother and sister are at all times.
She loves riding in her big girl car seat.
One day I looked back and she had her arms up. And she kept them up for the whole ride home. Maybe she is practicing for her next trip to Disney World. I promise I don't drive like a maniac.
She's had a few rides in sister's jeep and we are thankful she survived.
I'm already worried about their teenage years.
They are also the two that are most cooperative for pictures, and well, anything these days.
She loves her daddy.
She has beautiful pink gums. She did have one tooth actually pop through last week. Finally!
This was on her birthday - we went out for Mexican.
And then we went to Sam's.
She loves the shopping cart as long as it is moving. If it stops she begins screaming like she has been kidnapped. I kid you not.
Loves climbing onto her chair.
She loves the Fisher Price Little People figurines and she has the Disney princess ones as well as a few more we've accumulated. Mimi and Poppa bought her this princess castle for her birthday, and she will sit and play with it forever. Mary Ella's old doll house is also one of her favorites. She just sits and moves the people around and then moves them again.
LOVES being outside and getting dirty and/or wet. I can't wait to see her at the pool this summer.
Never met a powdered donut she didn't like.
Loves Baby Einstein and will sit like this for a straight half hour if it's playing.
A few more tidbits...
- Wearing size 3 diapers, mostly 12-18 month clothes.
- She's thinner and more petite than my other two were at this age
- Weighs around 19.5 pounds
- Crawling everywhere, pulling up and cruising. She'll stand by herself for several seconds but no steps yet. She will just squat back down and crawl.
- One tooth on the bottom left side
- Loves all food - favorites are probably bananas, blueberries, cheese, Puffs and Goldfish
- Stopped nursing at 11 months and pretty much went straight to whole milk; takes 3-4 5oz bottles a day. And will probably stay on the bottles until kindergarten because I gotta have a baby forever. Also loves Almond Milk, drinkable yogurt, and chocolate almond milk... and anything she can get her hands on! :)
- Still sleeping through the night in her crib; sleeps with silky blanket and paci and will NOT go to sleep without both. Usually naps twice a day.
- In the mornings and after nap she will reach for me and then immediately grab her paci and throw it back in her crib. The girl's got an arm, too.
- A few words here and there: Bye-Bye, Nigh-Nigh (night night), Bah-Bah (bottle), Mama, Dada, Tide (after we say Rolllll), and no-no; she will also call Mary Ella and say "Ehhh-yuhhh" sometimes.
- Waves bye-bye when we're leaving or when she's going to bed; blows kisses by sticking her thumb in her mouth and then pulling it out
- Major separation anxiety. Church nursery, gym child care, etc. are her worst nightmare right now.
- Won't let me put her down if we have people over to our house or if we are in a crowd. She'll pick her feet up and arch her back if I try to set her on the ground.
- LOVES my Dad and will reach for him over anyone in the room.
- Loves our Kindermusik CD and will do some of the actions like clapping, rocking, etc.
- Loves bath time and is far too brave in the water.
- Constantly putting stuff in her mouth but luckily hasn't ever choked or swallowed anything too dangerous; it's like she knows she's not supposed to eat it so she just puts it in her cheek and keeps it there. Things I've found: marble, dog food, paper, beads, and a quarter. Awesome.
- She points (with her whole hand, not one finger yet) to what she wants or where she wants to go and says "Ughhhh" at the same time to get my attention. She'll lean and point and strain until I go towards what she wants.
- I really think she is going to be the most coordinated/athletic out of all our kids. Maybe we'll have a little gymnast or ballerina.
Here are my favorite pictures from every month of the last year, starting with her newborn picture in the top left and going around clockwise. Happy 1st birthday, Emma Kate!