Hope everyone had a good weekend.
I sure am appreciative of all the feedback I received on the meal planning posts. Yall are so awesome and encouraging.
A few tidbits from the past week, in list form:
1. Yay Alabama! Another BCS title. What a great game and again, what a great thing for the good ol' SEC. I watched the game alone because Chad was outta town and my kids went to bed before it started. Luckily I didn't have to yell at the TV much since Bama got an early lead and pretty much dominated the rest of the game. Roll Tide.
2. With Chad being gone I spent the week cleaning, clearing out and organizing stuff around this house. I am planning on putting together a post soon on how I organize my sewing/craft room... err, if I dare to call it "organized." I'll do my best!
3. When Chad's gone it's hard to meal plan. So we may or may not have lived on sandwiches, Campbell's soup, Easy Mac and Tombstone pizzas last week. May or may not have, just sayin.
4. The kids started back to school and had a good week. One day I sent Sam to school with no shoes on, because I'm awesome. Luckily it was raining and they weren't going on the playground anyway, so his teachers just said not to worry about going home and getting his shoes. So I didn't. Mary Ella is learning all about winter and winter creatures. She came home telling me how penguins do everything together - they 'waddle together, they dive together, they snuggle up together when it's cold, they eat together, they just do everything together.' She also told me that some animals sleep through the winter because they don't like the cold, and that this is called 'dehydrating.' I asked her again the next day and she said "de-hibernating." Getting closer! I love that she comes home and tells me about all this stuff. She has 'Nursery Rhyme Day" this Thursday and is supposed to dress like a nursery rhyme character. I'm tossing around ideas. :)
5. I decided I'd go ahead and take my Christmas lights down last Thursday, since, ya know, it's almost FEBRUARY. Geez.
6. It rained almost all of last week (at least a little each day) and looks like this week we are in for more rainy days. Looks like we will be wearing PJ's and rain boots all week and taking long naps. Ok then.
7. I was sick last week (upper respiratory crud) and was sure I was headed for walking pneumonia/bronchitis again. Knowing I probably would not make it to the doctor's office (and knowing I didn't want to go catch the flu), I drank 2 Emergen-C drink supplements per day and also took Ester-C tablets twice a day, and within a couple days I was feeling way better. I think I'll go this route from now on rather than hopping on the Z-Pack train too quickly.
8. Because of #7 I tried my best to do the unthinkable last week and actually REST a little when I could. I'm typically not someone who can nap; I prefer to be doing something at all times. It's a terrible habit. But last week I did get some good rest; and maybe that's why I was feeling better faster. I managed to read a lot in that time too which is always good for my soul.
9. I'm doing an online Bible study via Good Morning Girls. If you haven't heard of it, you should go to the site and sign up! The study this time is on Luke 1-8 and is titled "Living Like Jesus." You can do it with a group or on your own. My high school best friends and I are going through it together as well as my Bham BFF's. I love it because it is online, it is free, and it doesn't require me to get out of the house with all the kids; I am communicating with my girls through e-mail and there are daily readings, holding me accountable to spend time in God's word and make it a priority. You can go here to subscribe, and be sure to click, "Subscribe to GMG By E-Mail." They'll send you an e-mail every day with the study materials, or you can just check the blog here.
10. I am DYING to go junkin. This is, after all, the best time of year to hit the thrift stores. Anyone wanna join??