Sweet baby girl is 9 months old. Sigh.
And I have decided that there is one (yes, just one) downfall to having an April baby: the fact that the fall months seems to whooooosh by so fast; one minute you've got an itty bitty baby and then what seems like one split millisecond later, you've got a mover, a solid-food eater and an into-everything-baby. That is what I like to call: not fair.
I do love this age though and I love this baby. Who couldn't love this baby?
- She hasn't been to her check-up yet but weighs somewhere around 19-20 pounds I'm sure.
- She wears 9-12-18 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
- She nurses 3-4 times a day and eats solid foods 3 times a day with several snacks in between.
- Loves any baby food, puffs, yogurt melts, anything anyone decides to share with her.
- Has tried a few table foods: pancakes, rolls, nutri-grain bars, mac & cheese, green peas, oranges, and cut up carrots. Oh, and Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Amen.
- Big fan of the Nuk paci and will drink only from a Nuk bottle.
- Bottle feedings are rare but at least she will take one now.
- Loves bathtime and splashes like a puddle duck.
- Sleeps all night and must sleep with her silky blanket; pulls it close to her face.
- Loves tags. Will find the tag on any garment/cloth/blanket/toy and play with it for hours. A huge fan of the Taggie brand toys. I never understood those toys until this baby came along!
- She's sweet as pie, laid back, quiet around her brother and sister (because she can't get a word in), but knows exactly what she wants and is very strong and stubborn. Will squeal and contort her entire body if you are not allowing her to reach for or do exactly what she wants.
- Waves bye bye and claps her hands.
- Crawling everywhere. So fun to watch her explore everything, and definitely a game changer for mama. The baby gates are back up and I'm vacuuming every 10 minutes to scoop up the small choking hazards.
A few funny videos:
She LOVES Baby Einstein's "Baby MacDonald" and when she hears the music at the beginning she goes absolutely nuts crazy. Screaming and diving off the couch crazy.
And before she learned to crawl, she pretended she could 'swim' away from us.
And here's a video of the first time she crawled (8 months). She would not crawl for anything except a can of Puffs.
You are such a sweet and fun baby girl. I'm so thankful the Lord has given us another full month with our little piece of sunshine. Your smile can brighten the darkest of days and you truly 'make me happy when skies are gray.' I love watching you explore the world around you and I love seeing you interact with your rambunctious siblings. You bring so much joy to my every day and I love you more than you'll ever, ever know. You are a gift, sweet girl, and our days wouldn't be the same without you.