a) there's not much you can take medicine-wise (I lived on Children's Claritin and my sinus rinse!), and
b) drainage drainage drainage = even more nausea. Blah.
But anyway, I've kicked it now, after 2 WEEKS. And then Friday night Sam woke up vomiting and ended up throwing up every 30 minutes for about 4 hours all night long; it was so pitiful! Guess he picked up a bug at school. So we stayed home all weekend, had to miss my nephew's 7th birthday party (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKS!), and tried to recoup and rehydrate little Sambo. Today's the first day he's eaten anything besides dry cheerios and he seems to be back to his normal self. We appreciate all the prayers since I posted about him on FB.
I did get to catch up on a lot of sewing projects this weekend so I'm thankful for that! Got the kids a few shirts knocked out that I'm actually really proud of. I'll post pictures when I can. Love all the applique ideas on Pinterest. My "SewingProjects" board keeps getting bigger and bigger.
The kids are both enjoying school. Sam is super tired by the time I pick him up (he is still not used to foregoing his morning nap). Both of them usually come home and crash for the afternoon. Mary Ella loves her teacher and loves the things they do in K3 - she has a field trip to the pumpkin patch coming up and me and my friend Lindsey are room moms and are planning the fall party.
I've done some decorating in the house that I'll post pictures of later; just a few fall happies here and there. Oh, and horizontal stripe curtains in my den! I LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to show you. But first I need to clean. :)
I finally feel like I'm at a point where I can just RELAX with my house. I know it sounds so silly and so materialistic, but I'm just one of those people that has to be doing something all the time, whether it's rearranging a room, painting, re-doing, cleaning out, decluttering, etc. But I've finally convinced myself that there's nothing that needs to be done that can't wait for a good long while. Including stuff for the new baby.
Speaking of baby, it still shocks me that we have a newborn coming. In 6 short months, no less! We're 90% sure we're not finding out the sex. (The other 10% is telling us to find out but not tell anyone, which is also something I'd consider. Chad's always wanted to walk out to the waiting room and tell everyone "IT'S a _____!!!!") But I love the idea of taking a few boy things and a few girl things to the hospital, and since we already have one of each, it just makes sense to let this one be a surprise. We have an extra crib in the basement, and will use Mary Ella's bedding if it's a girl and just get new boy bedding if it's a boy. The baby will just go in the bedroom with either Sam or Mary Ella, depending on what it is, and will of course be in our room for a while, so I'm actually kind of excited about not having to plan a big nursery or having to buy anything besides diapers and essentials. And not knowing the sex will give me even more to look forward to on that day. What do you think? Find out? Find out and don't tell? Let it be a surprise? Could YOU do it?? I feel like that 20 week appointment/ultrasound is such an exciting one and it's something that kind of 'refreshes' you in your pregnancy, makes you excited again and gets you all giddy inside. But I can go without that, right? :)
And finally, a fall recipe, adapted from Pinterest, of course.
Have you seen the 3-ingredient pumpkin bread on Pinterest? Well, it sounded absolutely divine to me, so I decided to try it with my own spin by adding none other than chocolate. Because it just wouldn't be 'me' if I didn't add a fattening ingredient, now, would it?
I baked mine as cupcakes (well, really muffins) and let me tell you, the chocolate chips make these so delicious. I'm not a huge fan of just pumpkin flavor in general, so the sweetness of the chocolate chips adds a nice balance to that rich spicy pumpkin flavor. So, the recipe...
1 boxed yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup-3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients, pour into paper cupcake liners (or if making as bread, into a greased and floured loaf pan). Bake for 25-30 minutes (cupcakes took around 28ish) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Eat eat eat! (Would probably be great with cream cheese icing too.) #ilovefatteningingredients
Ok, kiddos are waking up now. Time to get back to mommyhood.