1. Get in shape. Lose weight. Be serious about it, so that this doesn't have to be a resolution in 2012. (I am off to a great start, by the way, with the help of an amazing iPhone app! I'll write about it in a different post, but it's already made a world of difference in my eating habits and my general mood!)
2. Stick with my new morning routine. This year I made it a resolution to get up extra early (5:30-6am) to have time to myself to do what I need to do; for me, this involves reading, a big cup of coffee, a laundry load or two, and some Today Show watching. So far this has also made a huge difference in how I feel throughout the day. Instead of waking up when I hear Sam, and walking half asleep to his room to get him and then starting my day off my feeding him/drinking coffee/trying to read at the same time, I am up a good 2 hours before he even makes a peep. It's been great to have some "me" time at the beginning of my day, to pray, read, and just sit!
3. Read. I want to read more books this year than last year. I've started with this book, "Don't Make Me Count to Three," recommended by a blogger friend Joy. I can't tell you what an eye opener this has been for me and what an amazing resource I know this will be for years to come. It's a book about discipline and it's loaded with scripture, insight, and encouragement. I would highly recommend it for anyone with kids, especially kids that are getting into mischief and entering the toddler stage.
4. Be intentional - as a wife, mother, homemaker, friend, etc. I don't want to go through the routines of my every day life without realizing that what I am doing has eternal impact, for my family and my friends and everyone around me. It's easy to get run down as a mother and think, "Geez, how can washing dishes and doing laundry and changing diapers and cleaning up spit up really glorify God?!?" Instead I want to use every moment with intention and use His word to encourage me and help me to realize that I am exactly where He wants me to be, doing exactly what He wants me to do at this time in my life.
5. Learn to make pants and shorts. With a sewing machine. Any tutorials or easy pattern recommendations appreciated!