A few of my favorite things lately... mostly things that have just made life easier in the past 2 weeks. These are in no particular order, but #8 might be my absolute favorite at the moment.
1. Paper plates Yay for saving time, not having to do dishes, and therefore getting to spend more time with my little man. Usually not worth the money, but when a newborn arrives, almost anything is worth the money.
2. Pack n Play Instead of using my family's bassinet, we opted to use the Pack n Play in our room this time; I got a great deal on a Pack n Play last year at the Huntsville Toys R Us, and this time it's been a lifesaver! Sam is sleeping in the changing table part of it right now, on his little sleeping wedge; he's right at my level when I'm sitting up, so it's easy to pick him up in the middle of the night (we have the Pack n Play positioned right next to our bed so I don't even have to get up and walk over to him.) This one also has compartments for diapers and wipes and 2 other compartments which are perfect for other odds and ends - cell phone, butt paste, nose aspirator, paci, etc. I love it.
3. Aden and Anais Swaddlers Ohhhhh these are the best blankies ever! Perfect for swaddling and they are so warm and cuddly. They are made from muslin and come in all kinds of cute prints. We have the giraffe and the monkey prints. And for you Florence people, you can get them for $10 at PolkaDots! That's a great deal! Or find them on the web here.
4. Munchkin changing pads I'd heard about it a milion times but never experienced the reality until we actually had our own little boy. They pee EVERYWHERE! ALL THE TIME! Sometimes 3 or 4 times in a single diaper change! Well, these munchkin changing pads have saved us many laundry loads. They are just absorbable pads you can put down on top of your changing pad cover, so that when they pee or poop, it doesn't get on anything. Perfect for little boys. Although I am little perturbed that they used to come in packs of 25 or so at Target, and now they have made bigger pads and they only come in packs of 10. A little expensive for what they are but again, anything goes with a newborn if it makes your life a little easier :)
5. DVR I tried to think of every possible show I wanted to watch before we went into the hospital and I set my DVR to record all of them. Some of my favorites are The Bachelorette (Hello, Roberto!), Hell's Kitchen, Wipeout, So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent, and some HGTV shows that I love. It's been great having some shows to watch while nursing or settling down before bed.
6. Tervis Tumbler I've bragged on this item before, but these tumblers are the absolute greatest! They are no-sweat plastic cups that will keep your drink ice cold for hours on end. They don't require coasters and they fit into a car's cupholder too. Breastfeeding makes me deathly thirsty so this has definitely come in handy.
7. iPhone and the unlimited messaging plan I know my family/friends are probably more grateful for this than I am, but I loooove the fact that AT&T has an unlimited messaging plan that includes texts, picture messages and video messages too. I probably send 10-20 photos a day and I am thankful I don't have to watch my limit or pay extra for them! The plan is $20 a month I think but so worth it... especially if you have a newborn and have family that lives far away.
8. Archer Farms Monster Cookie Ice Cream This picture is only half of the goodness. Here's what it says on the outside of the package: "Sinfully indulgent peanut butter ice cream blended with candy coated chocolate pieces and oatmeal cookies." Ummmm yeah. I don't think I need to say anything more. Located in the freezer section at your local Target.
Thank you and good night.