Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twas the first day of school...

And this smile you see here
Turned quickly to a frown
When my Mommy disappeared.

I cried off and on
The entire day through
I missed my Mommy
And my own toys, too.

But when Mommy came back
I was happy as could be
I told my teachers goodbye -
I was finally free...

I went home and napped
In my own snuggly bed
Forget about school -
Let's stay home instead!

Well, let's just say it was a memorable first day at MDO. Mary Ella was excited all morning; we talked about the toys, the boys and girls that would be there, she ate a great breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries... and I had all the hope in the world that she'd run into her classroom and forget I was ever there in the first place.

I was wrong.

She cried when I dropped her off and I felt so bad... but at the same time I really didn't feel bad, because I know this will be so good for her, and she definitely needs the exposure to the other kids. When I picked her up this afternoon her teachers Barbara and Frances told me that she did cry off and on during the day, "quite a bit" was the exact wording I think, but that she did eat almost all her lunch. Boy, was she happy to see me! Miss Barbara was rocking her and as soon as she saw me she pointed and said "MAMA!" and ran to me as fast as she could. I picked her up and she immediately started crying and saying "bye-bye" to the teachers - ha! She was glad to go. After we got in the car, you'd never have known she'd been upset; she was her usual self, talking away, singing, chugging her sippy cup. Hopefully Thursday will be better!


The Jordans said...

so proud of her! I know she will begin to like it! Addie Jane starts next Monday for 3 days a week. They are getting so big, but at least we have one more to see grow up!

Kristy said...

sweet girl. It's been a rough week for us schoolwise too...

Julie Young said...

That is too cute! Love the little poem. :)

Kimberly said...

not to be discouraging, but just wanted to warn you. Henry's second day was worse because he knew what to expect. I guess the first day he was not expecting mommy to leave. The next day, he started crying when we turned down Mars Hill Road on the way to the preschool. BUT, it only lasted a few days and he was fine. And he benefits SO much from being there. Good luck!

Cortney said...

Bless her heart! It may take some getting used to, but I'm sure she'll end up loving it! I LOVE the pic of her!! What a cute toboggan!

{Amanda} said...

Awwww sweet child! You are both brave girls =)

I can hardly stand putting M in gym childcare for a couple of hours. He's usually fine, I'm the one with seperation issues {hehe}.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...