Saturday, September 5, 2009

ER Trip #2

Mary Ella woke up with a little congestion on Wednesday morning. Nothing out of the ordinary; just a runny nose. I have learned over the past year not to freak out over the sniffles so I wasn't worried. We did the usual - humidifier, saline drops, suction, elevated the head of her bed - and she seemed to feel fine. She wasn't irritable, was sleeping fine and eating like her usual self. Friday I worked so Mary Ella stayed with Chad's mom. When I picked her up that afternoon I noticed she was coughing a little more than she had been, and it sounded like some of the congestion had moved to her chest. I knew I wouldn't make it to the pediatrician's office with the Labor Day beach traffic so we went on home. I thought I'd watch her and try to wait it out until Tuesday. I tried listening to her with my stethoscope but she wouldn't let me; she kept grabbing it and would whine or wimper every time I tried to listen to her. So finally I put her to bed around 10:00 or so and when she was good and asleep I listened to her lungs; her breaths sounds were definitely decreased on the left side, she was VERY course sounding and even had a teeny bit of a wheeze on the left side too. So I knew that I couldn't let her sleep with that going on, because all the fluid would just sit there (she doesn't cough when she is sleeping sound, so I knew it'd be sitting on her lungs all night.) So I told Chad we were going to the Emergency Room, and we loaded up and got there around 12:30 am. Nothing like a midnight road trip. They took us straight back despite the full waiting room (thank you God!) and the doctor listened to her lungs and confirmed what I had been hearing at home. They decided to try a breathing treatment since she had never wheezed before and it seemed to help. So they sent her home with a prescription for Albuterol treatments every 6 hours for a couple days. We will see our pediatrician Tuesday for a follow up appointment. Pray for my sweet girl!


The Penter Family said...

Poor Baby. She looks so sad with that face mask. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Courtney said...

Poor Mary Ella! That is such a pitiful picture! I hope she feels better soon!

Meredith said...

Bless her! We keep a nebulizer at home because when my kids, especially Brady, get colds, they almost always settle in their chests. We have a mask just like the one Mary Ella is wearing! It's Brady's favorite!

{Amanda} said...

Scariness! Hopefully this will be the last ER visit for a loooong while. Hope your sweet bug is doing well and that y'all are all breathing easier.

chenlili said...

adidas running shoes
replica rolex watches
louis vuitton uk
coach outlet
rolex watches
uggs for women
louboutin shoes
washington wizards jerseys
gucci belts
insanity workout
christian louboutin chaussures
canada goose coats
michael kors bags
tods outlet online
uggs outlet
pandora outlet
louis vuitton bags
ugg boot uk
nike roshe run
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
adidas outlet store
coach outlet store online clearances
fitflop shoes
louis vuitton outlet
mbt shoes
kobe 11
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
cheap rolex watches
burberry handbags
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton purses
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
uggs pas cher
michael kors outlet

dong dong23 said...

fitflops shoes
ray ban glasses
kate spade outlet
air jordan shoes
jordan femme
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton outlet stores
snapback hats
canada goose jackets clearance
moncler sale

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...